Thursday, March 20, 2014

5 on Friday

I had so much fun last week doing 5 on Friday I thought I should do it again!

You can link up at a. liz adventures, carolina charm, hello! happiness or the good life blog.

This weeks edition is all about the home. 

When I first moved out on my own with a 5 year old little boy, my friends mom gave me all the furniture she no longer had a use for. There were couches, coffee tables, dressers, and many kitchen items. 

I was so grateful for her generosity. She really helped make my house a home. 

Now 6 years later I still have the same items. 

My husband and I have been talking for quite awhile about getting new furniture that is more OUR style. 

I want to replace the kitchen items with items that are better quality.

So these are a few items that we would LOVE in our home. 

*one*

Ikea has some great items. We love these pieces because they are in our price range, the lines are clean, and gray goes with every color. {Yes, I love all colors.} The couch is $499 and the rug is $199. We haven't decided if we will get coffee tables since Maysie broke the glass and fell through the last one.

*two*


I love this welcome mat. Maybe it is because I am British. Maybe because I love all things "keep calm". Maybe because it is $9.99 at Dayspring.

*three*


Don't you just love this cookie jar. Now that I have my new KitchenAid Artisan Mixer, I make cookies all the time. I typically just put them on a plate and cover them in plastic wrap. {Well that is if we don't eat them all first} This owl would be perfect to put cookies in. Target is selling it for $19.99. 

Although, I do love this owl from Anthropologie.


But the $68 price tag isn't my favorite.

*four*


I love these glass canisters from Anthropologie. I am trying to stay away from plastic {you know ... trying to be all green and crunchy} and these are great! They are 16 oz and $10 each from Anthropologie.

*five*


Dayspring has a new line for Easter. Their Daily Grace collection is beautiful and whimsical! This platter sells for $37. It would be perfect hanging on a wall or for serving fantastic meals to my family. 


Well that is my 5 on Friday. What pieces would you love to have in your home?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!