Thursday, January 9, 2014

Happy New Year!!! Catching Up & My Word of the Year

 Happy New Year!! 
I know, I know I am a little late to this party but I haven't logged on my blog in a while.

The Christmas season is always very complicated for us. Since my husband and I both brought sons to the relationship we obviously have to share them with their other parents during Christmas. With all the hustle and bustle I barely got to take any pictures. 

We did manage to capture one of our whole family ... {I really wish Little Miss was looking but oh well}


 And we did manage to capture Maysie  sitting by the Christmas tree ... well kind of.


By the time New Years came around we just wanted to hang out. My cousin gave us this cute cut outs to mess around with while I took pictures. 


Maysie just wanted to eat them.



The boys had a blast!. They thought the bow was the best cut out we had. They actually got into a fight over it. {I am just going to assume it was because they were tired}


Jacob loved the bow and glasses .... while 


Christian enjoyed rocking the mustache!


We even got Dan to take a picture! {The boys laughed forever because of this picture}

So needless to say,  We Survived the Holidays!

Any who ...
I have noticed that lots of people are choosing a word for the year. At first, I thought ... naw ... but the more and more I thought about it the more I did discover I do have a word for the year. 


Intentional

This is my word. 

intentional means deliberate, done on purpose, not by accident

Bingo 

To be honest, when it comes to spending time with the kids we end up watching a movie together.
I feel like most of the time we just end up doing something. 
I don't intentionally spend time with them.

I always have something "better" to do.
Watch my favorite show on tv.
Clean the house.
Do a load of laundry.
Vacuum.
Pick up toys.

They spend a lot of time waiting for me to get everything done. 

Not fair ...  it is not fair to them.

They are only little once.

Little Man is going to only want to spend time with me for just a little while longer until he is going to have better things to do ... like play with his friends. 

I am going to miss these days.

So I need to act now. 

I need to get my intentional act together. 

I wasn't going to share my word at first but I want to be held accountable. 
Ask me how being intentional is going.
Please!

I love being a Mom.

Also, I need to be more intentional with my husband.
It is sad but true to admit that the last time we had a date was our 1 year anniversary in April. 
We barely spend quality time together ... without the kids.
During the week, we are tired. 
We don't take the time.
We don't try and connect with one another. 

I want to!

Lastly, I want to be intentional with my time. 
I don't want to sit down to watch one program on tv and then spend the entire day watching stupid things.
I don't want to click from one "reality" show to the next. 


Do you have a word?
Share it with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!