Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Coffee Date & Playing Catch Up

It seems amazing to me that it has been almost two months since I posted last. I could blame it on the fact that my laptop (and only computer) looks like this.


Oh yes ... that is an external keyboard connected to my laptop.  Ghetto Not ideal but it works for now. 

Anyway .... 

coffee date .... 
I already have mine. Grab your cup and let's catch up!



Currently, I am re-reading Bread + Wine by Shauna Neiquist. I am still longing for a community but to be honest I am a little nervous to put it all out there. Getting burned in the past does that to a person. I do love this book and I am enjoying the fact that I am picking up more since I am reading it for the second time.




 As you can see ... Little Miss loves laying with me. She loves snuggling up anytime she is tired. I love that she loves me but let me tell you she is e-x-h-a-u-s-t-i-n-g! She refuses to sleep in her crib which leaves her sleeping in our bed every-single-night including naptime! Aagh!

We are trying everything but nothing has necessarily worked. We will keep trying but right now this Momma is tired.





Every Halloween we have a pumpkin carving contest ... it is the competitiveness that we all carry that brings this out! This year my husband won the big prize of candy and $10. Woo Hoo!!
We always have so much fun doing this.




It was pouring with rain this Halloween so Little Man, Little Miss, and I went around the block then Little Man ran around trick or treating with his friends.

 After trick or treating is over we went to my Aunts house for Chili Mac. Yummy!
She does this every year and we love being able to get together!


 Little  Man still cuddles with me ... sometimes. I will take what I can get. We are still struggling with his ADHD. We feel that his medication is NOT working any longer. I would like to switch doctors and medication, possibly alter his diet ... as in no gluten. He is such an amazing young man that I hate that his inability to pay attention gets him in so much trouble.









Little Miss is getting so big! Well she really is still a peanut (wearing 12 month clothes and she is 14 months). Boy oh Boy does she have a fiesty personality like her Mom. She wants what she wants when she wants it. She loves making a mess. Yesterday she dumped out an entire box of oatmeal baby cereal and then sat and played with it for a while. (I figured it would be better to just let her play since the mess was already made.)

She loves going on walks even though it is getting quite chilly around here. We only have one more soccer game before the season ends so we will continue to be bundled up. She loves her new rain boots that my Mom got her from England last week.

We finally got pigtails in her hair. I love how she looks with them. She loves drinking my sweet tea. Don't try to take it away from her ... she screams on top of her lungs.

Needless to say ... I am struggling.

I am worn out.

I am exhausted.

We are trying the cry-it-out method in order to get Little Miss to sleep. I hope that it works. I hope we all get the much needed rest we deserve.

Until later












No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!