Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Most Important Thing I Do Before I Go To Bed

Every evening after everyone goes to sleep ... {Even Little Miss who has had 2 awesome nights of sleep ... knock on wood}

... I take the time to slowly go through the house and straighten up.

I put the dirty dishes in the dishwasher and most of the time start it! Boy, do we go through a lot of dishes!

Then I make my husband his lunch. Tomorrow he has 2 sandwiches, baked mostaccioli, and a coke!

I then get the coffee ready for the next morning! I am a bear without coffee!

But the most important thing I do before I call it a night ...

Is write a love note to my husband.

I love sitting down and taking the time to tell him 

how much I love him
how proud I am of him
how truly appreciative I am that he provides for our family
to thank him for giving me a daughter
to thank him for being an amazing step-dad
to encourage him at work 


Then I stick the note on his coffee cup! 


 I think he likes getting my notes because he has started sticking them to the side of the fridge!



I really just want to encourage you to leave notes for the ones you love! Tell them how much you care about them!

On a side note ... Little Man said that he wants love notes too ... so I have been writing him a note and sticking it to his juice glass. He now adds his sticky note to the fridge as well!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet idea! I'm a mom to 6 little kiddos and I'm often looking for new ways to bless my husband! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! I leave notes for my husband on his pjs when he is out playing soccer until after I'm in bed, but I love that you do it every night! You can bet I'll be tweeting this post!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!