Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Maysie's Birth Story {Part 1}

I woke up on August 30th at about 3 a.m. just not feeling "right". I figured I just suffering from pregnancy induced insomnia which I seemed to have the last month of my pregnancy. So instead of waking up my loving yet sleepy husband I came downstairs and decided to watch tv.

About 30 minutes later my stomach got really tight. I thought it was a Braxton Hicks contraction so I grabbed a cup of juice thinking that would make the contractions go away.

 But ...3 minutes later I had another contraction.

I decided I should probably keep track of the contractions just in case. {I didn't truly believe I was in labor yet.}

I downloaded a pregnancy app on my IPhone {Sprout} and knew there was a contraction timer on there so I began timing my "Braxton Hicks" contractions.

4 minutes after my second contraction ... I had another contraction.

When I was in labor with Little Man I had back labor which is just like having a constant backache so these stomach tightening contractions were something totally different.

I continued having contractions every 4-5 minutes. They were getting stronger and starting to make me lose my breathe.

At about 6:30 am I figured it was time to take a shower. I had heard that hot water can take away some of the pain.

So I jumped in the shower and it felt wonderful.

I finally admitted it to myself that these were real contractions.

I got dressed and was putting my make up on when my husband came downstairs. He was all dressed for work and asked me where I was going. I told him that I was having contractions and that he wouldn't be going into work. He proceeded to call his boss and told him I was in labor.

I continued getting ready and decided it was time to wake up Little Man so he could get ready for school. It was 7 am. I was still having contractions every 4-5 minutes but they were getting painful.

While Little Man was in the shower I decided I should take one last pregnancy photo. I got my phone ready and then a contraction hit so I waited. I would lean over whatever was close and rock back and forth.

I tried once again and ANOTHER contraction hit. So I rocked back and forth some more. I finally was able to take a picture.

We got into the car and took Little Man to school. My grandma likes to walk Little Man to school so we pulled into her driveway. My grandma, Mom, and aunt were at my grandma's house having tea. When they saw Dan driving the car they knew I was in labor. They came down to the car and I got out to hug Little Man.

As soon as I saw my Mom I started crying. I knew that on this day I would have 2 children and my life would be forever changed.

Another contraction hit and I had to lean against the car. My Mom rubbed my back and I swayed back and forth while crying. {Sorry to all the parents and children who witnessed me having contractions ... I was a hot mess}

To be continued ...

Come back tomorrow for part 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!