Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What am I going to bring to the hospital?





I cannot believe in just a few short weeks my baby girl will be here!

To be honest I have not gotten anything really ready for her either. Well ... ok ... maybe that isn't true. I did go to the store and buy diapers, wipes, baby lotion and baby wash.

http://store.superdeliveryguys.com/product_images/q/216/jhonsons__39992_zoom.jpghttp://www.overstockdrugstore.com/product_images/h/037000195054.jpghttp://static.moo-shop.com/i/products/kmart/pampers-stages-swaddlers-new-baby-diapers-size-n-up-to-10-lb-1.jpg


My mom and grandma did pick out the sweetest outfit to bring her home in! I was looking for an outfit like this for what seemed like forever. I am so excited to see her in it.
 
















Since I am running out of time I figured I should start thinking about getting my bag packed for the hospital.

I, of course, hit to the google website to begin my research. 

From what I have discovered ... people bring way too much stuff to the hospital! If I am only going to be there for 24 to 48 hours why do I need 3 suitcases filled with "necessities".  

From what I remember, the hospital keeps a great supply of baby wipes and diapers. I feel like there really is no reason to bring my own if the hospital supplies them.

Also, I am pretty sure the hospital supplies you with any "sanitary" type items you need after delivery. Once again, I don't feel that it is necessary to bring my own.

What I do feel that I will need is as follows ...

~ Health Insurance Card & Pr-Registration forms
~ Nursing Bra (With Jacob I didn't bring one and ended up spending over $60 to buy one from the hospital ... for the record I was not planning on nursing him but he wouldn't eat anything else.)
~  Nursing Tank Top (I think that this may be helpful.)
~ Breast Pads
~ Nightgown & Robe
~ Socks
~ Slippers
~ Toothbrush, toothpaste, make-up, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, lotion & chapstick
~ Outfit to go home in for me and Baby Girl
~ Car Seat

What do you think? Is this enough?

So I figured I will ask my faithful followers what their go to items are when packing for the hospital. 

So tell me .... what did you just have to have at the hospital with you??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!