Monday, June 6, 2011

What is Love?

image

I am pretty sure that love is one of the most "googled" words. And if you do happen to "google" it then you will see a plethora of definitions.

Why do people seem so confused about the meaning of love?

Here are just a few definitions I found when I "googled" ...

*Someone you would give your life for

*The perfect union of two souls

*The home you find in someone

*Finding someone who completes your puzzle

According to dictionary.com the definition of love is "a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person, a feeling of warm personal attraction".

The Bible also has specific criteria on what love is ...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13: 4-7.

Rick Warren says that " Love is making your problem my problem. Love is giving yourself to someone without any guarantee of getting anything back. Love is giving. You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving. And love is giving a person what they need, not what they deserve."

I think that Rick Warren's definition is the best. I feel that it is accurate and truly describes what love is. Love is a choice.

Today I am choosing to love those around me that may not deserve it because I want to do what God does.

Know that you are loved!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!