Thursday, June 2, 2011

My 30th Birthday!!

Yesterday was my 30th birthday. To be honest I was not really excited to turn 30.

It really wasn’t about the number but it was more about the things I had yet to accomplish in my life. You know things that I felt like I should have done by 30 like get married, graduate college, and have more kids.

I do remember specifically thinking when Jacob was still a baby that I would meet a wonderful man, get married, and have more kids before I turned 30. Well that hasn’t happened.

Well some of it has happened. I have met a wonderful man but we are not engaged and there are no babies on the horizon until I say “I Do”.

Anyway, I am now 30 and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would have been. Actually, it was the best day I have had in a long time.

I woke up that morning and got Jacob ready for school. After I dropped him off I went to my Mom’s house. There waiting for me was a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

See …

DSCF3293

DSCF3294

DSCF3295

Crazy beautiful!!!!

Thank you Mom!!

Then we headed into downtown Geneva to look around the Little Traveler and then eat lunch there.

The Little Traveler was wonderful! There were so many great things to see. All we ended up buying was different jams. My grandma got Lemon Curd. My Mom got orange marmalade and I got Apricot. I cannot wait for a slice of toast and apricot jam. {Don’t forget the butter!}

While we were walking back to the car we saw a super cute cupcake shop. So we went in. We all ended up sharing a vanilla cupcake with chocolate frosting. I typically do not like cupcakes but these were great. It was funny when we walked in a little girl {probably about 10 years old} told us that they were already sold out of the red velvet cupcakes. Then an extremely pregnant woman walked in and asked for red velvet and was sad when they said they were out. Obviously they must be that good if they are coming specifically for that kind of cupcake.

My Mom even bought me one to go, Raspberry Truffle.

DSCF3297

She had to include a 30 candle. {Fyi, the cupcake looked way better than this but it survived this well after to hot car rides}

The cupcake shop is called The Latest Crave. So good and I highly recommend.

I picked Jacob up from school and then we had to rush home to get ready for a soccer game.

His team won which Jacob was very happy about.

Once we got home Dan was ready to take us out to dinner to continue my birthday celebration. We went to my favorite place, Olive Garden! Soup, salad, and Ravioli di portobella … Yum Yum Yum.

All in all it was an amazing day. I really felt loved and did not feel remotely old.

*** On a side note I read this blog post and I signed up.. So maybe I can fulfill some of the things I put of until later.

2 comments:

  1. I seriously could have written the ENTIRE first paragraph about my life. Girl, I feel ya, I REALLY do. Oh boy, I could go on and on and on. Let's just leave it at this....I get it, and I have instantly connected with you over this post. Oh and HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!! I just turned 30 this year as well, and while I was not thrilled about it...it turns out, it is not so bad after all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great day! Beautiful flowers and that cupcake looks delicious. Love the name of the cupcake shop. :) Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!