Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Vacation ~ Day 1

As a way of remembering each and every day during summer vacation I am going to hold myself accountable to posting something awe inspiring something every single day.

I cannot believe that the first day has already come and gone but boy did we sure make the most of it.

To be honest, we slept in. Jacob got scared in the middle of the night, from what I remember in my half awakened state, was that it had something to do with vampires. He made me sleep so restlessly that I had to move him back to his bed at 4:30 this morning. So needless to say we didn’t sleep well at night but we made up for it this morning.

We lazed around until noon and then we went to the pool.

Of course I forgot my camera but it was so nice. Jacob thought he was just going to hang out with me but when we got there a whole gaggle of his friends were already there. He was so excited. He dove, jumped, slided, and threw a ball until 4:30 when we had to leave.

I read the whole time well that was until I got too hot and had to jump in the pool myself.

Do you want to know what I was reading?? Of course you do!! Well I am currently reading On That Day Everybody Ate: One Woman’s Story of Hope and Possibility in Haiti by Margaret Trost. Let me tell you it is amazing and it is really pulling on my heart strings.

image

You can buy this book from the website by clicking here.

Oh how I long to be apart of something like this.

I will give a review once I have completed it.

Tonight was his last soccer practice of the season. Jacob’s dad is the coach and he organized a parents vs. kids game. It was so much fun even though it was so hot. The kids received their medals for participation. Jacob’s dad even dumped the entire water jug on Jacob.

This is the Tornadoes.

DSCF3338

And this was after Jacob got soaked!

DSCF3342

When we got back Jacob and I went on a bike ride.

I haven’t ridden a bike in more years than I can count. My butt hurts a little but I am sure I will get over it. It was so nice.

After the bike ride Jacob and I made cranberry & orange muffins for breakfast tomorrow. He read the instructions and pretty much made it himself.

Now we are eating Dairy Queen blizzards.

Seriously this was a fabulous day! I cannot wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!