Friday, June 10, 2011

Summer Vacation ~ Day 2

Oh boy was I cranky today. Last night there was a loud storm and no one seemed to get any sleep. When I woke up at 7 I expected Jacob to sleep for awhile but no he was up at 7:30. This is weird because when I would try and wake him up at 8 for school he would moan and cry.

As soon as I woke up I saw my patio table all tipped over and on the verge of crashing to the floor. So needless to say while it was lightning and raining buckets I was outside in my pajamas trying to straighten everything out.

I picked up my brother in the afternoon and we all went to the library.

Jacob got his new library card and then we looked at books. Jacob ended up getting the first book in the Boxcar Children series, James and the Giant Peach, and another book about vampires. (All I know is that when he starts reading it I am sure he will be sleeping in my bed. The very thought of vampires gives Jacob nightmares.)

2011-06-09 12.31.46

Look how happy he is to get books … ha ha … not really.

Then when we got to the adult section I checked out some of my own books.

I checked out …

DSCF3348

* Getting Your Kid on a Gluten-Free Casein-Free Diet by Susan Lord

*The G-Free Diet by Elizabeth Hasselbeck

*Gluten Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern

* Gluten-Free Baking by Rebecca Reilly

*The Kid-Friendly ADHD & Autism Cookbook by Compart and Laake

After the library we went to Whole Foods to see if I could find a mix for Gluten free bread. I ended up finding this …

DSCF3349

I am planning on making it today.

After Whole Foods we came home. Matthew and Jacob watched Yes Man the movie starring Jim Carey.

I then cleaned up the house a little. Still cranky. No real reason why.

When Dan got home I decided I should probably make dinner.

I ended up making alfredo risotto with peas and chicken. It was so good and so easy to make. (It was even gluten-free!)

So day 2 wasn’t as good as day 1 but it was because I was cranky.

Here’s hoping that I snap out of my cranky mood for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!