Saturday, February 12, 2011

Peasant Girl

Some days I feel as if I am the peasant girl who walks the rooms inside my very own house.

I tidy up after 3 boys without thanks.

I wash the clothes that previously hung upon their bodies.

I make the dinners that are rushed through too quickly.

I wash the dishes that fed them nourishment to continue their rough and tumble lives.

I read letters from school and work. Making notes on the calendar to signify the important days in their lives.

I make the beds that they lay their heads upon when the moon hangs high upon the dark sky.

I tidy and wash, fold and put away, read and shuffle, write and make notes, straighten and polish.

It makes my heart sad that I feel this way but right now I do.

Just the peasant girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!