Sunday, April 3, 2011

Randomly Random

I had no intentions of being away for so long. As with everyone, my life is moving at a crazy pace and many days I feel like I barely accomplished anything.

You may follow me on Twitter (@MindyMay) so you may know a little bit of what is going on.

~ Jacob turned 8 in February! I cannot believe how fast my little guy is growing up!

~ I am finishing up my last semester of school before I student teach in the Fall.

~ I will officially be filling bankruptcy this week. I am terrified at the prospect of this but I know I will feel better once I get this all taken care of.

~ We have been having some issues with Jacob in school. I do not want to get into all the details but I am extremely disheartened. I feel like I have been failing as a parent and I am at a loss of what to do. I do feel that his behavior is directly related to his dad and his plethora of girlfriends. I have gone into it before but this new behavior started at the same time his dad started hanging out with a new “friend”. Jacob is now meeting with a social worker at school once a week. I am hoping that Jacob can express what he is feeling to her and that I will be able to do what I think is right for him. Please pray for me and Jacob as we are struggling right now.

~ I am looking into different ways to treat Jacob’s ADHD type behaviors. I do not want to put him on medication but he feels dumb and stupid and I am not really sure how to help. I read a statistic once that it takes 20 tries to get the medication correct to treat ADHD. I feel that I can change his behavior and therefore help his self-esteem by possibly changing his diet. I am not sure what this is going to entail but I want to do something.

~ On a happier note, I am teaching myself to sew. Dan picked me up a great sewing book that had patterns as well. I made this bag …

2011-02-08 08.52.23_Milton_Illinois_US

What do you think?

If I let you look up close you would see swiggly sewing lines but from far way it doesn’t look too bad. I cannot wait to make other things.

~ Soccer season starts on Wednesday. I cannot believe that I am adding more hustle and bustle to our schedule. Jacob is thrilled. He gets to wear a white t-shirt which he says is awesome. I am just imagining all the grass stains I will be struggling to get out.

~ Easter is quickly approaching and I am determined to make it more memorable for all the right reasons. Does anyone have any ideas that can do that?

Well if you stuck with me through this long list … Thank you!

I promise I won’t stay away so long next time!

1 comment:

  1. You did an awesome job on that purse!! I am so afraid to try patterns, but I have always wanted to learn how to sew cute purses like that!!! Maybe I'll try it one day :)

    I said a prayer for you. I hope you will find what works for Jacob and that he will feel better about everything.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!