Monday, August 30, 2010

We Are Moving

After months and months of prayers from everyone … we officially have rented a townhome and will be moving THIS Saturday.

I feel extremely grateful to be surrounded by so many people who prayed for us, loved on us, and stuck with us through such a rough and tumble time.

I felt defeated for a long time and never thought that we would find a place to go. I started preparing for the worst and decided to email Jacob’s principal.

I informed him that we tried unsuccessfully to find a house in district for Jacob to start at his school. He told me to keep him informed and that he would work with me to get Jacob enrolled. (This was Monday morning.)

On Monday evening, we were informed that we were approved to rent a townhome in Jacob’s school district.

This was GREAT news and just what we were hoping for.

But … the security deposit was $500 more than we had anticipated.

On Tuesday morning, I went in and met with the homeowner to sign the lease and hand over the security deposit.

Our new landlord is a pastor. He has been the senior pastor of the church in town for 18 years.

Once the lease was signed and his realtor left the room. I told him that we prayed for this house. He smiled.

After the lease was signed we directly went to Jacob’s school and registered him.

On Wednesday morning, I dropped Jacob off for his first day of second grade.

DSCF2566Jacob has the teacher he hoped for and is very excited for school this year. Most of his friends are in his class and he says this is going to be his best year yet.

On Thursday evening, Jacob started soccer practice.

And … Saturday he officially had his first game.

DSCF2588Sunday we finally celebrated my brother's college graduation.

imageAnd today … I started back to school. I cannot believe that everything has fallen into place. I had my doubts. I doubted that God would find us a place to live.

I doubted Him.

But God once again showed up and showed Himself to me. He showed me to lean on Him on when everything in this world is on shaky ground. He showed me that He takes care of me and my needs. (Side note: Can anyone tell me the verse in the Bible that talks about how He takes care of the birds and their needs and how we are more important than birds? I do not know where it is and I would like to have it.) He showed me that when all else fails I still have Him and that He loves me.

Why I doubt Him? I may never understand. But God has once again provided. I am in awe of all He does for me.

Thank you so much for praying for us. I am truly grateful.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love to hear God stories like this!! I am so happy for you Mindy! It is so easy to doubt, isn't it? Been there a million times. It's a daily battle with an enemy who wants us to forget what God has done. I believe the passage you are looking for is in Luke 12. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!