Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Better than a Hallelujah

Today after I dropped Jacob off at school and was headed to the grocery story to pick up a few things I heard Amy Grants "Better Than a Hallelujah" song. If you haven't heard this song you need to find it and listen to it.

My heart has been heavy lately with the major decisions that I need to make in the very near future.
As of right now, I will be moving. I have until August 1st to find a new place to live.

I want Jacob to stay at the same school.I want a forever home so that we will not have to move again.

I want so many things and yet I know my plans may not be the same as God's.

Every night I just pray that God hears my cries and provides for me and family during this time. I have given up my control over the situation and have laid it all in God's hands. His plans are better than mine anyway.

So when I heard Amy Grant's song ... I was overcome with the chorus.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.



I am thankful that my God finds the beauty in my cries. I am thankful God provides all things for me. I am thankful that God hears my prayers.

Isn't it amazing that God can speak to you through a song? I needed to hear this today.

Normally when I am struggling with life in general I hear the song Tenth Avenue North song "By Your Side" a million times on the radio.

I think that this song may have been written for me to hear. I forget that I am not alone in my journey and that I do not have to be strong every minute of every day.

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you
My hands are holding you


Today I know everything will be alright. Today I know that God is holding me in his arms.

Everything will work out.

If you are struggling today with the weight of the world that rests on your shoulders listen to these songs ... cry ... and then give it all to God.

Thank you for continuing to pray for me and my family. Your words have brought me such great joy and an unspeakable strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!