Thursday, January 7, 2010

Rise and Shine!

As you can tell … it is snowing here! For what the weather stations are saying we should expect 1 inch every hour from Noon to 6 this evening. (I am kind of hoping for a snow day tomorrow with school being cancelled … don’t tell anyone!)

DSCF0088 DSCF0087

 

Anyway … on the the reason I need your help. My morning routine needs some help. Truth be told … I am not a morning person. Neither is Jacob.

Most mornings we are rushing around trying to get out the door.

Most mornings there is more yelling than anything else.

For instance, this morning we were rushing more than usual because of the snow, and Jacob was yelling and then I started yelling.

Our conversation (I use that word lightly) went like this …

Me: Good morning Jacob! It’s time to get in the shower. Just quickly wash your hair and body then get out. I am going to start the car and throw your clothes in the dryer to warm them up.

Jacob: I’m not getting in the shower. I took one yesterday.

Me: Get in the shower now. We don’t have time for this. You are showering.

Jacob: I’m not showering and you can’t make me.

Me: (While I am turning the shower on) GET IN NOW!

Jacob: I don’t want to get in the shower. (Now he is starting to cry)

Me: Well I don’t want you to have a TV in your room anymore so you can’t have it. Wouldn’t it be easier to just get in the shower?

After that Jacob stomped to the shower and got in. I then shoveled the sidewalk and a little bit of the driveway, threw his clothes in the dryer to warm them up, started the car, and made his lunch.

I do not like having morning like this.  Needless to say, he doesn’t eat breakfast and chugs a juice box in the car on the way to school.

I feel like I should be sending him to in a good mood and with God in his heart. I feel like I am failing him.

I would love if you would share with me how your mornings go. Do you get up super early? Pack lunches the night before? Take showers the night before? (If you do that … how do you handle bed head?) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!