Sunday, January 3, 2010

One Word

Today has been an extremely lazy day for me. Jacob was at his dad’s house for the weekend and the only thing I did was go to the grocery store. Since I had the opportunity to just sit around I caught up on my blog reading. The one thing I have noticed is that many people are posting their New Year’s Resolutions. I enjoyed looking through everyone’s list and decided to make my own list.

To be honest, I have never really been a fan of New Year’s Resolutions because I can never follow through with them for more than a day. But this year my life is different. I do not have as many obligations as I normally do so that makes this the year of change.

On a few blogs I read about the Word of The Year 2010.

You can read about the Word of the Year 2010 on these blogs.

Ali Edwards (on this blog you can download the Word of the Year guide – this really really helps)

Of Love and a Baby

Brown Eyed Fox

I love this idea and I wanted to come up with my word of the year too.

Being the perfectionist that I am I wanted to come up with the PERFECT word.

So first I made a list of words …

Breathe

Change

Fearless

Simplify

I love each and everyone of these words and couldn’t decide. So I decided to use the dictionary and look up each word.

And then I found it…

REFINE

1: to free from impurities or unwanted material

2: to free from moral imperfection

3. to reduce in vigor or intensity

4: to free from what is coarse, vulgar, or uncouth

5: to become pure or perfected

6: to make improvement by introducing subtleties or distinctions

To me this word means to …

refine – my schedule

refine – my walk with Christ

refine – my life

refine – my constant yelling tones

refine – my mornings

refine – my relationships with my family and friends

I love my Word of the Year.

What about you? Have you thought about what your word could be? I would love to pray for each of you and your words.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the word you chose! such a great word, a true goal for all of us in this refining process called life. :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!