Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Why I love my church: Part 1

112

I do love my church. From the very first time I went to Harvest Bible Chapel, I knew this church was a good fit for me. (That is another post in itself!)

One reason I love my church is because everyone prays for each other!  They even have a prayer room in which you can read people’s prayer requests and pray specifically for them.

This past Sunday as I opened my Bible a card fell out. (To be honest, I forgot about this card all together.) As I scanned the handwritten words … I remembered! I remembered the day I got this letter. I remembered crying as I read the words. I remembered how truly loved I was.

Here is what the letter says ….

April 30, 2008

Dear Mindy,

Just wanted to send you a quick note & let you know I prayed for you today! Thanks so much for your honesty & candidness on the register – it was a blessing to know how I could specifically pray for you personally this week.

The scriptures are very clear to us that when we press on to know the Lord, He will answer this desire of our hearts. I love what Hosea 6:3 says - “God will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the Earth”. I am always reminded of this verse during this season especially & my prayer for you is that, as God renews your faith, He would refresh your heart by making Himself known to you each day as you continue on your journey with Him.

May you walk in His strength this week!

In Christ,

Laura Jennings 

Oh how much I love that letter! It made me cry again as I typed out the words. I was a blessing to her. She wanted for me more than what I wanted for myself. 

I LOVE MY CHURCH!!

Are you looking for a church home or have you found one already? If you have a church home why do you love it? If you don’t have a church home what are you looking for in a church?

1 comment:

  1. Mindy- I started going to a new church about 3 months ago or so and I am really excited about it. I have been to a few churches since I moved to PA a little over 3 years ago. It was so hard for me to find something that could live up to my awesome church I attended in NY. But by gosh...I think I found it. Everyone there is very welcoming and very passionate. I love that they embrace the arts. From music, to writing, to artists, to photography...they really have a great mix of people. I actually remember my first time in church thinking to myself "Oh so this is where all the cool people have been going to church all this time" lol. Funny, I was also thinking about posting on this very subject...cuz, well as you can tell I have a lot to say about this new church I found! I feel very blessed to have been introduced to this great church and hope to get involved with things in the church soon :)
    Thanks so much for the post!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!