Thursday, February 12, 2009

Purpose

I am not really sure how to start this post. I have been thinking about my purpose for awhile now. As far back as I can remember I felt like I had an extra special calling. Although I am not sure what that extra special calling is quite yet. I felt like God wanted me to put my stamp on this world. That he would use my life as an example or he would use it for some type of good work.

I could be a missionary and spread word of His love to people who may never heard of Him before. I could be a photographer and show the world the beauty God has created for us to enjoy that we usually walk right past. I could be a public speaker and share my story of having a drug addicted father. I could be an author and write a book that can change someones life. I could be a teacher and influence our children.

Instead, I put paperwork together for people who seem to look right through me. In their eyes I am someone who stands in their way of getting back in their car and going home.

What kind of purpose is this?

I am touching no one. I am affecting no one. I am not speaking God's word to anyone.

I want something more! I want God to show me what my true purpose is.

I am going to furiously pray to God that he shows me my purpose. I am going to pray that I won't have any fears when I hear my purpose. I am going to pray that I can hear God's voice telling me my purpose.

Dear Lord,
I trust that you will show me my purpose in life.
I trust you that you will give me strength in everything and anything
I am called to do. Show me the way. Show me the direction you want
my life to go. I am Yours Lord. Fill me with Your spirit. I am Yours.
Do with me what you will and I will obey.
I am ready to start anew.
I am ready to hear Your voice.
Calm my fears. Give me Your strength, Your love, and
Your will and I will follow.
Lord hear my prayers.
In Your name I pray
Amen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mindy! I came over from Lynnette's blog and have been looking around yours. I have been wondering alot about purpose lately too. Yesterday, I finally went back to church....something I had been wanting to do for a long time. They actually talked about how sometimes our purpose may not be something public. It may not be something that gets you out there and that everyone sees. They even said that some of us may have the purpose of just praying over others. While it may not seem like a lot to us, think of what a simple prayer can do for someone else to change their life. Anyways, I just thought I would share that with you. I hope you do find your purpose. I feel I am on the same journey!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!