Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Thoughts on Having A Daughter & Beauty {On My Heart}




I thought having a daughter would be just like having a son.

But to be honest, it isn't the same at all.

I worry about this little girl more than I worried about Little Man.

I worry that a boy is going to break her heart or call her ugly.

I worry that she is going to do silly things to impress a boy.

I worry that she will pretend she isn't smart and just be cute.

Girls do that!

I remember being in 6th grade and a boy called me ugly. He sat next to me in Language Arts class. He just leaned over and whispered it to me. I was crushed.

I remember pretending that I didn't know the answer to a question.

I remember saying "like" a lot!

So when Little Miss was born I made a promise to her in the middle of the night that I would tell her that she is beautiful every day.

I hope that my words will carry her through when that mean boy says not nice words.

I hope that when she is 12, 13, 14, & 15 my words will be in her head to remind her how beautiful she is even when she is feeling insecure.

She is beautiful and every day I will continue to remind her.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! As a momma of three boys, the thought of having a daughter does seem to hold more resposibility!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!