Friday, June 8, 2012

26 & 27 Weeks!! {3D Ultrasound Photos}

I cannot believe that two weeks have already passed. This pregnancy is flying by and we are not prepared at all.

At 26 weeks we had a more extensive ultrasound due to the "bright spot" on Baby M's heart. From what I understand a "bright spot" can either be nothing or a tiny indicator of down's syndrome. I refused any form of genetic testing during my pregnancy which did not help to explain the "bright spot". 

After about 30 minutes of the ultrasound the ultrasound technician switched the screen to 3D! It was amazing. I didn't realize that the photo I was seeing was my baby!

Do you want to see our baby girl??

Here she is ....



I could look at this photo all day long.

From this ultrasound the doctor determined that Baby Girl is completely healthy! That is the best news I could have ever heard.

Now for this week.

I am 27 weeks pregnant today!!



Baby's size: A Rutabaga

How far along:
27 weeks

Sleep: Finally I am sleeping so much better! The key to an good night sleep is getting into a comfortable position and then DON'T MOVE! Ha ha If that was only really possible. Typically, I do not have to get up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night but I am waking up early to go and then I cannot fall back asleep.

Maternity Clothes: My wonderful mother bought me a pair of maternity jeans and a purple maternity shirt for my birthday! I am mostly wearing maternity now. It is the most comfortable.

Food cravings: I am craving anything sweet - fruit, freeze pops, fruit snacks, and candy.

Food aversions:
I do not have any food aversions. 

Symptoms I have: My heartburn has gone away for the  most part. I did take my glucose test this week and the orange drink gave me heartburn for the whole day.

Doctor’s Appointment: My next doctor's appointment is on the 22nd. 

Movement: I am feeling the baby move A LOT! Mostly moving and turning but every once in awhile she gives me a good kick or punch.

Belly Button:
Still an innie! I cannot remember if it changed when I was pregnant with Little Man.

Gender: It's a GIRL!! 
According to the ultrasound technician there are no doubts about the gender.

Best moment of the week: 
Date night with my husband! We went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then we went to the movies to see What to Expect When You Are Expecting.

What I’m looking forward to: Hopefully purchasing baby furniture and decorating the nursery. Also, Little Man is going to help me find an outfit for Baby M to come home in.

What I miss:Snuggling on the couch with Little Man. He says that I take up too much room.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!