Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Make Like a Tree but Please Don’t Leave

When Dan and I first began dating we set down ground rules. Since I was in a serious relationship with Jacob’s dad and he had divorced his wife a few years earlier we both knew what we didn’t like when it came to disagreements and fights.

Dan’s rules are …

1) No name calling.

2) Don’t follow me around the house.

From what he has told me his ex-wife used to call him every name in the book and would follow him around the house continuing the fight.

I put those rules in my head and heart promising never to break them.

My rule was …

1) Do not leave the house or I will change the locks on the doors.

I have had too many men leave when things get tough so for me it brings up a lot of issues when that happens.

I guess I am fearful that when a man leaves he doesn’t come back and in turn my life forever changes.

My dad left us twelve years ago.

Ryan left me 7 1/2 years ago.

Both times I was left broken hearted in a life not of my choosing.

Do you have rules in your relationship? I would love to hear them.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!