Monday, January 31, 2011

Running Scared

If you are from the Midwest you are fully aware that a BLIZZARD WARNING has been issued! From what the weather reports are saying we should get 18 to 24 inches of snow by Wednesday.

Since I am from the western suburbs of Chicago I am used to snow … although 18 inches sounds … well …

CRAZY!!!

I figured that if we get trapped in the house for a day or two it would be a good idea to stop at the grocery store to pick up a few nights of dinner.

I made a simple and quick list …

1) Taco Soup

2) Pepper Steak over rice

3) Shepard’s Pie

4) Lemon Chicken Pasta with asparagus

5) Spaghetti

When I got to the grocery store everyone must have thought the same thing.

The lines were super long and people were getting cranky.

After what seemed like forever I figured it would also be a good idea to get gas while I was out.

The gas station close to my house not only was packed but they were also out of regular fuel. People were not happy to have to pay extra for the two premium level fuels.

People are seriously running scared!! (Hence the title of this post .. hee hee)

The only thing I am excited about is the possible cancellation of school for both Jacob and I. It would be lovely to stay home and spend quality time with him. (Definitely keeping my fingers crossed!)

The snow is supposed to start falling this evening and continue through Friday.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted about the conditions around me.

What is the weather like by you? Are you in the same boat as me or are you enjoying beautiful weather?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!