Today has just been one of those days that reminds me that I am getting older. So here is what happened …
- My cooperating teacher told me that she is 30 years old and has been teaching for 10 years. …. Umm I am almost 30 and I still have a year in school left before I can BECOME a teacher.
- My professor asked us what variety was. I quickly answered “the spice of life”. I got crazy stairs from my classmates. Turns out you need to be close to 30 to know that phrase …. GEEZ.
- I ran into Julie at Walgreens. I used to babysit for her when her daughter , Kayla, was 5 and she was pregnant with her son, Sean. Now … Kayla is 14 and in high school and Sean is in 5th grade.
- In my Classroom Management class we had to go around asking our classmates silly questions like what 3 things would you bring if you were stranded on a deserted island or what song describes you. When I was asked what song described me I said “Come On Get Happy” from the Partridge Family …. And when I accidentally said the Brady Bunch no one corrected me.
- My best friend is turning 30 on Monday which means that I am getting awfully darn close to 30 myself.
So today I am feeling old. That is it. Just. Plain. Old.