Sunday, January 10, 2010

It’s a decision

The definition of forgive is to 1)give up resentment of or claim requital for 2)to grant relief from 3)to cease to feel resentment against.

Forgiveness is a decision.

No one is perfect. I know that I am far from perfect. I fall short in every aspect of my life. I make mistakes every day.

Forgiveness is a decision.

I have written in the past that I have not been a good friend to the one’s I care about. I have hurt them and upset them. I have allowed my every day struggle’s to over come me. I have failed to meet my friend’s needs.

Forgiveness is a decision.

I have made mistakes and if I could go back and correct my behavior I would. I regret the fact that I haven’t picked up the phone to call my friends. I regret the fact that during a difficult time in my friend’s life I wasn’t there to comfort her. I regret the fact that I didn’t make myself available to them.

Forgiveness is a decision.

I was so caught up in my own sadness, my own life trials, and my life’s changes that my friends were not a priority. I allowed school work, house work, my boyfriend, and my son to take every inch of my thoughts.

Forgiveness is a decision.

I am hoping that my friends will forgive me. I am hoping that they will choose to forgive me. It has come to my attention that they may never forgive me. It has come to my attention saying sorry isn’t enough right now. Emails and text messages are going unanswered. I tried making a phone call today and that too went unanswered.

Forgiveness is a decision and I hope they choose to forgive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!