Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What are your kids being for Halloween?




Halloween is my least favorite holiday. I know it is supposed to be fun but normally you are running around making treats, finding a costume, buying candy, and trekking all over your neighborhood getting more candy than you can eat in a year.

My least favorite part is honestly the Halloween costumes. My son wants to be every super hero under the son or something scary.

He wants to be either Superman or a Vampire.


I said okay to these costumes ... Indiana Jones and a Hippie



(FYI - this was the only picture of a hippie I could find and No I do not condone smoking off any kind. Jacob would not be walking around with a smoke on Halloween)

So I must ask, since I have procrastinated up until this point, what are your kids going to be for Halloween? Did you make the costume or buy it? Do you like Halloween or is it just me who doesn't like it at all?

If anyone doesn't celebrate Halloween tell me about that too.

4 comments:

  1. I have a princess and a witch for Halloween.
    I like the Indiana Jones - how cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't care for Halloween either. I grew up pretty strict as a pastor's kid so we were never allowed to trick or treat. Occassionally, my mom let us dress up for school, but that was about it. When we got older, my two sisters managed to get my mom to agree to let them go trick or treating with their friends. For some reason, it never really interested me that much.

    Now that I'm a mom, I still have no desire to partcipate in Halloweeen. I really don't like what it stands for and the whole thing kinda creeps me out. I also think I'm in conflict about it from a Christian point of view, althought I know a ton of believers who partipate in Halloween. I think for us, I'm pretty comfortable not joining in although my Hubby and Alyssa like to pass out candy together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Veronica - you have my story!! :) :) I am a PK from a home that did not celebrate halloween and it is still to this day my least favorite holiday. My girls don't dress up or trick or treat mainly but we do have a harvest party at church usually sometime during the fall season. I wrote this post on it last year

    http://awakeyoungmoms.blogspot.com/2008/10/octobe_02.html#

    all of that to say... have fun! be a light for Jesus in whatever you do and allow God to help you make this decision for your family. It isn't always an easy thing for people to discuss because so many of us see it differently. Good for you for being willing to host conversation! :) God BLess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your answers....Loved visiting your blog...I love the blog hops....
    Be sure and stop by my Christmas blog...a great giveaway will be given away Sunday night....
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!