Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Updates

I know that it has been a little while since I last posted but as always life has been crazy.

*I totaled my car a month ago and this weekend I had to go purchase another one since my rental car was up on Saturday. Buying a car is a very difficult procedure. I think I signed more paperwork when buying a car than when I bought my condo. But I did buy a 2005 Chevy Equinox and so far I love it!

*Jacob is starting soccer this week and I am the assistant coach. He is on the kindergarten house league for Glen Ellyn. He is really excited to start and can't wait to put on the socks, shin guards, and shorts. He wants to know when he gets his t-shirt.

*Jacob is also on Spring Break this week. Being a working mom it has been a little difficult to get everything organized. Normally his baby sitters only watch him in the morning since Kindergarten is in the afternoon. So he has had a lot of fun being watched by different people this week. Thank you Grandma May, Mom, Tanya, Jackie, Mrs. Chung, and Jenifer. He is really enjoying this week.

*I broke my digital camera this week as well. As shocking as it is, I bought a warranty. The only problem is they are going to send it out and it will take two weeks. Now I have to borrow my Mom's camera so that I can take pictures at soccer practice tomorrow.

*****************************************************************************
While we were at the car dealership Jacob was honestly on his best behavior. I was so proud of him. He didn't run around or act all crazy. But at one point he asks to borrow my cell phone. Curious on who he would call ... I asked.
"Jacob, who are you going to call?"
"Mom, I need to call my ex-wife"

Hmmm ... my son has an ex-wife. I thought I was going to get married before him but obviously not. He was married and divorced before me. I never even met my ex daughter in law.
*****************************************************************************
I have been praying for Stellan. My heart goes out to his mother, Jennifer and the whole MckFamily. I don't know how she is handling all of this. I remember when I was sent home from the hospital after Jacob was born and he was still in the NICU. My heart was broken and I knew he was going to be fine. What a testimony of faith! I am in awe of Jennifer's strength and courage. I will continue to pray for the whole family. Please go to her blog and pray for baby Stellan too!
Prayers for Stellan
********************************************************************************
Angie from www.audreycaroline.blogspot.com has posted a new post today as well. Her words and her story has touched me in more ways than I could ever possibly explain. She has suffered great loss but has grown stronger in her faith along the process. Today's post was just what I needed to read. I have never emailed her in regards to who she has gotten so faithful but I have always wondered. Today's post described in the most eloquent words how she has gotten to where she is today. She makes me long for that kind of faith. I want to hear God speak to me too. Go check out her blog, if you haven't already. No one can say it like she does.

Enjoy your Wednesday.
Walk in His Strength

Mindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!