Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book Review (Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck)

*** Update ***
Did you notice my first commenter??? She is the author of Love Starts with Elle!!!! I am super excited and I have been bragging about it all day!

As promised a few days ago finally .... here is my book review. I just finished reading Love Starts with Elle by Rachel Hauck.

(Quick Side Note: One main criteria for any book I read is that it has to have a christian faith base. I find that christian books are more uplifting than regular books.)

Love Starts with Elle is all about a christian woman, Elle, who thinks she has found love in a future pastor. When her boyfriend, Jeremiah, proposes Elle immediately says yes! But then, he informs her they have to move to Texas so that he can pastor an up and coming church.

While Elle and Jeremiah are living separate lives in separate cities, Elle crosses paths with Heath. Heath is a recently widowed father of a young daughter.

Heath is grieving the loss of his wife and trying to understand all the complications of raising a daughter on his own.

Let me tell you, I loved this book!! It was such an amazing and easy read. I couldn't put it down. Elle is a character who you can picture as someone who has been your friend forever. Jeremiah's character is what you would assume a typical go - getter would be like. But you relate to him as well. You hurt for Heath's character. A father who really hasn't had the chance to know his daughter before now.

If you are looking for a romantic christian fiction book then this is a GREAT choice.

***** Also, I just started reading Misplacing God; and finding Him again by Joanne Heim. I will let you know what I think after I finish it. So far, it is another fantastic God loving book.

Walk in His Strength,

Mindy

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mindy, Thanks for the kind words about Elle. It means a lot.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always on the hunt for an awesome Christian book. This one sounds really good. It's so hard to find a good read that isn't smutty.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!