Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's been awhile

Hello everyone. It has been awhile since I updated my blog so I figured I should fill you in on what has been going on with me.

On Sunday February 15th my little man turned 6 years old. We had two birthday parties for him one for my dad's side of the family and one for my mom's side of the family. He has received a ton of great birthday presents and has been playing with all of them.


My Uncle Jimmy is a fireman so he brought his fire truck and the ambulance over for the kids to check it out. They loved it.
I got Jacob and Christian to sit still for a minute and took this great picture of them on the front of the fire truck. Below are just a few of my cousins. How cute are they? Jacob and I have been blessed with an amazing family. Dakota, Megan, Madeline, Alissa, and Devyn are all around Jacob's age and they play very well together.



For Jacob's first party I got a cupcake cake from Dominick's.
For future reference the cupcake cakes are wonderful. No knife needed kids can pull their own cupcakes . But the problem was this bright green frosting. It stained everything .. clothes, hands, teeth, fingers, and mouths. What was I thinking?! Green frosting!

So after the green frosting disaster I decided to make Jacob a cake for his second party. It was a lemon cake with raspberry filling. It was so good. Way better than the "green monster" cake.

What do you think? Jacob enjoyed it and so did the rest of my family.

Also, on Jacob's birthday we took him out to lunch to the Two Toots Grill. It is super cute and your food is delivered by trains that go all over the restaurant.





Baby Edie, Donna, and Ron came to Jacob's birthday lunch. I love baby Edie. Isn't she just the cutest?! Donna and Ron are very good friends of mine. I love them too!

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

On a different note ...

My Great Grandma, Fairy, passed away on February 20th. She was 96 years old and she will be missed terribly. At the funeral yesterday, the priest was overwhelmed with the amount of family she had. It has been counted and these are how the numbers came out.

Fairy had ...
13 children
31 grandchildren
52 great grandchildren
7 great great grandchildren

She was the rock of our family and she would want us to continue to get together. We have all agreed and I couldn't be happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!