Monday, January 19, 2009

Do you smell smoke?

Ok so this weekend there was a fire in my condo. Not exactly my condo but in another condo in my building. Now my condo smells awful. It kind of smells like burnt plastic. I guess there could be worse but right now it is just aggravating. No amount of candles or air freshner is making the smell go away. Right now I am waiting for the other person's home owner's insurance information so I can get my carpet and furniture steam cleaned.

This is how the night went. We all went to bed around 11 p.m. and at 3 a.m. the apartment was filled with smoke and we had to get out. We were outside in the freezing cold from 3 a.m. until 5 a.m. I don't think I have fully recovered from the lack of sleep or the event itself. I am however thankful that everyone is safe and no one got hurt. Jacob did enjoy sitting in the back of a police car for a few hours. Let pray that he won't find it as fun when he gets older. I did tell him that he can only be the driver of a police car not a passenger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!