Monday, January 21, 2013

To those naysayers ...

I am the type of person who tries not to let other people's comments get to me. I feel like I have heard it all.

After Little Man was born I knew that I wanted to get my own place at some point. I was living with my mom and I knew that it was time to make a move. I talked to Little Mans dad about planning on moving out and he said "you will never move out of your moms house and live on your own".

He told me I couldn't and I did.

6 months later I purchased my condo and moved before Little Man turned 5.

When I was going to school my financial aide did not cover all of my tuition. Due to the fact my father left my family when I was in high school my mother had horrible credit. When he left I took out credit cards to help pay the bills so I didn't have the worlds greatest credit either. I asked a family member to co-sign a loan for me. She said "I know I am going to regret this".

I graduated college and while some months I struggle to pay this loan. I am trying to make sure she never regretted this decision.

Last year when My Mister proposed I wanted to get married pretty quickly. We had been dating for 4 years and there was no reason to wait. (While some people think we got married because I was pregnant that was not the case!) I was told that getting married in less than 4 months would be impossible. People said that I wouldn't be able to have a bridal shower or a bachelorette party because it was just happening too quickly.

Well I had the wedding of my dreams 3 1/2 months after our engagement. I had a wonderful bridal shower and a very pampered bachelorette party.

I am not sure why people try to put others down. Instead of spreading negative thoughts to hurt one another why not bring them up with words of encouragement? Sometimes people need a little hope and faith. Sometimes people just need a little support.

Tonight had been hard. I sometimes let these words rattle around in my head and get under my skin. The words reach to core and bring me down all over again as if they were just said.

I am praying tonight for these words to leave my mind. I am giving my fears and hurts to God because only he can heal the wounds.

To the naysayers ... I am praying for you as we'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!