Friday, July 24, 2009

Weekend Plans

Hello my friends! How has your week been going so far? Mine has been pretty good. I am looking forward to the weekend and hoping that I can get some really good sleep. I don't know why I am so tired ... I just am!
 
Remember that post I did called By the Numbers! well Dan and I ended up having a big discussion on our future plans. Let's just say I had a freak out moment. I am feeling better now about the direction things are going with us. And I understand that just because we have a "plan" doesn't mean that is always going to be the case. And I now understand that Dan and I didn't commmunicate how we were feeling. He thought I would be overwhelmed by school to plan or even think about a wedding. I, on the other hand, know that I can raise Jacob, do homework, attend classes, chew gum, stand on one foot, and plan a wedding all at the same time.
 
I think that since he has been married before he isn't in as much as a rush as I am. And when I say rush I don't mean I would be getting marrried to say I am married but that I love Dan and I want to spend the rest of my life with him and I want the rest of our lives to start as soon as possible.
 
Whoo ... ok that was a huge weight lifted off me. I am better now.
 
So onto my weekend plans ...
 
When I first started blogging I wrote a post called Feed My Starving Children. Please go back and read it because .... Jacob and I are once again going to help out. I love bringing Jacob along and show him how his little hands can do so much good. And that he will be helping children his own age. Although, Jacob may be a little young to understand the full extent of what he is doing to help this is starting him down the right path to help those less fortunate.
 
This is what the Bible has to say about helping those in need ...
 
If you stop your ears to the cries of the poor, your cries will go unheard, unanswered.
            - Proverbs 21:13
 
Generous hands are blessed hands because they give bread to the poor.
            - Proverbs 22:9
 
Be generous to the poor - you'll never go hungry; shut your eyes to their needs, and run a gauntlet of curses.
            - Proverbs 28:27
 
After the Feed My Starving Children event Jacob will be going to his dad's house for the rest of the weekend. I have a whole slew of things I have to take care of this weekend. Hopefully, I can squeeze in a hair appointment.
 
What are your plans this weekend?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!