Friday, July 31, 2009

Secrets Secrets are no fun ... So I'm gonna tell everyone!!

Like the title states I am going to let you guys in on a little secret I have been keeping. Actually, in a few posts I have given hints about what is going on but now you are going to hear the whole story.
 
Are you ready?
 
Here goes ...
 
On August 21st I am going to pack up my desk and leave work for the last time. I am going to walk out the door and not look back. Because .....
 
I am going to school full - time!!!
 
That's right. I will officially be a college student.
 
I have known for, well forever, that I wanted to be a teacher and now God has made it possible for me to work toward my goal full time.
 
No, I haven't found myself a sugar daddy ... unless someone knows someone who wants to be mine! Ha Ha Just kidding. But God put this idea in my heart in the winter time and I have been actively pursued making this dream a reality.
 
I was accepted to Northern Illinois University ... but after paying $60 to apply, $108 for orientation, taking a day off of work, and another $60 for a criminal background check ... I decided Northern wasn't the school for me.
 
So, needless to say I was a little more than dissappointed. I knew God wanted me to do this. So I prayed about it and then I got another thought. Why don't I apply to the local private college, Benedictine University. I know it is a little more expensive but it is still do-able.
 
I spoke with the bubbly Transfer advisor Sarah and she also thought that this would be the perfect place for me. So I sent over my unofficial transcript and was told to wait for her call.
 
During this time, I was getting ready to drive to Idaho for my cousins wedding and put Benedictine thoughts away until I got  back.
 
But then I forget about it.
 
That was until 4 days ago.
 
I had a sudden freak out moment and applied to Benedictine thinking that time is running out and school starts very soon.
 
The day after I applied the same bubbly Sarah called me and asked me why I never sent over my transcript. UHHH!! I told her I faxed it the same day I talked to her but she must not have received it.
 
She told me not to worry about it and that she was looking over my application now.
 
So thats where I am with school. I am waiting on my "hopefully" acceptance letter.
 
Work already knows that I will be leaving and they are just as excited about my future plans as I am.
 
So can you guys do me a favor and pray that everything works out. I feel like there are still so many loose ends but I know God will provide for me. He knows my hearts desire and He has plans for me.
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I think it's great you're going back to school. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! That IS exciting! I'm sure you'll be a wonderful teacher. :) I love your new blog look too - guess I haven't been here in a while. Your son is ADORABLE!

    Congrats Mindy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I will pray everything works out.

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!