Friday, June 26, 2009

Kid-Less

Dan and I are going to be kid-less this weekend. And boy do we deserve it. See I get Jacob during the week and every other weekend. Dan gets Christian every weekend. So normally we have atleast one child at all times.

So ... since we are kid-less ... I have a whole slew of ideas of what we can do together.
First of all, my wonderful cousin Tanya and her husband, Jeffrey, got Dan and I a gift certificate to Kona Grille for Christmas. Since we normally have a child in tow we haven't gone but I am planning on us going Saturday night for a relaxing child free dinner. I scoped out their menu online and I think I already know what I am going to eat. The Kona 5 oz filet with skin on cheddar mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, and sauteed mushrooms. Doesn't that sound delightful?

Kid-less

Then ... I want to go to the Wheaton French Market. Wheaton holds a farmer's market of sorts every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. They have flowers, produce, jewerly, and crafts. I guess I find it difficult to find things to do outside when kids are not around. I live in a condo so I don't have a yard to tend to or any other outside responsibilities. I thought this would be nice for Dan and I to walk around and enjoy being outside ... just the two of us.

Kid-less

Then ... I want to go get a pedicure, go shopping at Von Maur, stop at Starbucks, and take clothes to be mended to the dry cleaners.

Kid-less

And then ... I want to drink a glass of Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio in silence. I want to read a book that doesn't rhyme. I want to clean the house once and have it stay clean. I want to watch a movie that has real people in it and are not cartoon characters. I want to not hear about John Cena, Ray Mysterio, and Undertaker and all the moves that they do. Oh yes, Jacob and Christian and huge WWE Wrestling fans.

Kid-less

For this weekend I won't be wiping tears or butts. I won't be explaining why potty talk is unacceptable at teh dinner table. I won't be yelling at them to eat their food, clean their room, put away their toys.

Kid-less

Ok, so I may be a little over dramatic! I will definitly miss Jacob and Christian but since I know the 24 hour drive to Idaho will be in less than two weeks I need to prepare myself mentally for the "are we there yets" and "I have to pee" statements.
This weekend should be heavenly! I am not putting too much pressure on this weekend ... am I?

What are your plans for this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    I love your new layout too!

    ReplyDelete

Have a thought? Please share! I love hearing from you!!